If you are planning on being away for the holidays and leaving the care of your "furry kids" to a pet sitter, please be sure to cover all the following important items.
1) Have plenty of their food on hand, dry and wet if you use both.
2) If your animal requires medications be sure to have what they will need on hand and leave carefully printed instructions on the administration of the medicines.
3) If you have a cat, have plenty of litter and plastic bags to put the used litter into.
4) Leave treats that are okay for your pet to have and let the sitter know where they are.
5) Leave out the file with your animal/s medical records including the contact information for your current Veterinarian.
6) Be sure to leave contact numbers for you in case of an emergency.
7) If you have a flight itinerary, leave a copy of it for the sitter so she knows what time she can expect you to return.
8) If there are any special instructions regarding your home, ie turning on the alarm, lights, watering plants etc.or your pets, please write them out for the sitter.
9) If your plans should change regarding your return please inform your sitter as soon as you know.
10) Be sure to keep your cell phone with you at all times in case the sitter needs to reach you for an emergency.
11) Please advise neighbors that you are having a sitter care for your pets during your absence.
12) Leave leashes, harnesses etc. for dog walks where they can easily be found.
13) Please be sure to contact your pet sitter as soon as you get home. She will want to know the animals are now safely in your care.
Although much of this is recorded by the pet sitter during your consultation appointment, it makes it much easier for the sitter if she has notes from you in your own writing.
That being said, have a wonderful vacation and leave the worries behind.