Cancer is so prevalent among canines that 30% will be affected by it at some point in their life. Here are the warning signs listed by Dr. Jon of Petplace.com. Watch for them.
Early detection is vital to the successful treatment of canine
Here are the Top 10 Signs of Cancer in Small Animals from the American Veterinary Medical Association:
- Abnormal swellings that persist or continue to grow
- Sores that do not heal
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Bleeding or discharge from any body opening
- Offensive odor
- Difficulty eating or swallowing
- Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina
- Persistent lameness or stiffness
- Difficulty breathing, urinating or defecating
Remember, if you notice any of these problems it is best to take your dog to the vet so they can assess the situation.