San Diego is a wonderful city to visit and lots of folks like to bring their dogs with them when they come to town. Sometimes they just come for a few hours to see a Chargers Game. Sometimes it is for a few days or longer.
If you are planning on bringing your dog be sure to do the following:
1) If you are staying at a hotel make sure it is pet-friendly and allows your pet/s to stay over night.
2) If your pet is going to remain in the hotel room without you for a few hours, be sure to line up a pet sitter to stay with the dog during your absence.
3) If you are going to be gone more than just a few hours, look into local daycare facilities and book your pet's visit.
4) Always make sure you have an updated vaccination record, including bordatella, when you travel with your dog. Every boarding facility and daycare facility is going to ask to see it and without it, they will NOT accept your pooch.
5) Be prepared by planning these things ahead of time so you won't be stuck or disappointed when you get to town.
I get a lot of last minute calls from people who are in town and want to go to Sea World or the Zoo for a few hours and need to find someone to care for their dog. If they had planned ahead, there would be no problem. Even if it is a last minute decision to bring Fido along, bring that vaccination record so you have some options.