Of all the dangerous and potentially deadly things a companion animal can ingest, one of the worst, and unfortunately most common, is human medication. I bring this up now because many of you will have guests staying with you for the holidays.
Most of us pet parents are aware of the dangers of leaving any of our medications where our pets can get at them, but if Aunt Mary comes to visit and is unaware, she may inadvertently leave her pills on the night stand in the guest room or on the bathroom counter where Fluffy or Fido may try to help himself to a "treat". Although all human medications can be dangerous for our pets, even common over-the-counter drugs such as Tylenol, can be toxic and deadly.
Please be careful and tell your guests not to leave any pills of any kind where one of your "furry kids" can get hold of them. That will keep everyone happy and safe for the holiday visits.